Welcome to NAVSA 2014!
We look forward to seeing you in London, Ontario, Canada.
Our conference theme this year is “Victorian Classes & Classifications.” Our keynote speakers will be Gillian Beer (King Edward VII Professor of English Literature Emeritus, Cambridge), and Tim Barringer (Paul Mellon Professor of the History of Art, Yale). Other notable events include six seminar panels led by distinguished scholars on topics related to the conference theme, one of which will be co-hosted by the Rotman Institute of Philosophy, and six network lunches, each organized around issues related to the professionalization of graduate students.
We will also host a roundtable discussion featuring the winner of this year’s NAVSA Book Prize. The conference will conclude with a banquet on Saturday, November 15, at which the Donald Gray Prize for the best scholarly article in Victorian Studies published in an academic journal will be presented. The banquet will be held in the Great Hall at Western University.
Details regarding the programme schedule and registrations fees, with differential rates for full-time faculty, part-time or under-employed faculty, and graduate students, will be available shortly. Conference participants are strongly encouraged to make their travel plans and book accommodation immediately. Events will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, November 13, and conclude with our banquet and Gillian Beer’s keynote presentation on the evening of Saturday, November 15.
The members of our conference committee are:
- Gillian Barker (Rotman Institute, Western)
- D.M.R. Bentley (English, Western)
- Madison Bettle (Graduate Student Representative, English, Western)
- Steven Bruhm (English, Western)
- Corinne Davies (English, Huron University College)
- Joel Faflak (English, Western)
- Christopher Keep (English, Western)
- Frederick King (Graduate Student Representative, English, Western)
- Krista Lysack (English, King’s University College)
- Rebekah Lamb (Graduate Student Representative, English, Western)
- Nahmi Lee (Graduate Student Representative, English, Western)
- Christine Penhale (Graduate Student Representative, English, Western)
- Matthew Rowlinson (English, Western)
- Anne Young (Graduate Student Representative, English, Western)
If you have any questions about the conference, please contact email@example.com.